Welcome to our Middle East edition of Thinking Business – where we share our expertise and ideas with you to support growth and sustainability in your business.
In this edition, we continue to examine the theme of maturing markets in the Gulf region, and the changing face of the region’s economies. Our lawyers based in the Middle East talk about some of the many ways in which the GCC is going through a period of transformation, and examine the opportunities and challenges that this might present for people doing business there.
In this issue, we cover:
- The introduction of VAT in the region, and its impact on conducting business;
- The arrival of several new wealth structuring options for families in the Middle East, and what those mean for family wealth management;
- The drive to create a new investment climate in Bahrain, and the various initiatives the government is taking in the market;
- The challenges facing GCC businesses as cyber security moves up the agenda as a growing corporate risk; and,
- Increased connectivity in the Gulf, as states move towards greater coordination on infrastructure development initiatives.
We hope you will enjoy reading what we have to say, and should you wish to discuss anything in more detail, or ask any questions, please do get in touch with your usual Trowers & Hamlins contact, or feel free to email the Thinking Business team at email@example.com.
You can also follow us on Twitter @Trowers.